Practice doesn’t make perfect.
Only perfect practice makes perfect.
Who is this course for?
This course is intended for students preparing for the C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency Cambridge exam, especially if one is preparing through self-study and/or wants to give an extra boost to the preparation.
Course goals/learning outcome
- To increase confidence in your preparation and to successfully take the Cambridge exam.
- To know exactly what to expect on Exam Day with regard to exam conditions and the structure of the specific parts of the exam.
- To develop an understanding of strategies for dealing with time planning, time pressure, and time awareness during the exam.
What does the day look like?
Doing mock exams and receiving feedback and tips are central to this course. Mock tests can be seen as practice for future exams. The mock tests help you to increase your self-confidence and show you where you might lack the appropriate language skills and/or understanding of the Cambridge exam process.
We will simulate exam conditions as closely as possible.
You will not only be made aware of the structure and tasks of the Cambridge exam, but in addition, you will also get a lot of tips and learn how to use strategies that will benefit you during the exam, including how to deal with time planning, time pressure, and time awareness.
Reading/Use of English, Writing, Listening, Speaking
Obviously, all components of the Cambridge exam are covered, in the same sequence as the exam (Reading/Use of English, Writing, Listening, Speaking). Emphasis will be on Writing and Speaking, which are more difficult to practice through self-study. The personal feedback from the teacher can be valuable as it gives you insight into whether you are able to take the exam at the correct level (C1 / C2).
Each part of the exam is treated as follows:
- What does it test?
- Tips for the exam.
- The parts of the exam
- Mock exam.
- Discussion and questions.
As said, mock exams are central to this course. Spread over the workshops, and in accordance with the sequence of the exam, you will practice all parts of the exam.
- reading/use of English: you will practice a paper-based exam. Results will be discussed afterward.
- writing: you will practice the different writing assignments and get feedback from the teacher.
- listening: you will practice a paper-based exam. Results will be discussed afterward.
- speaking: similar to the exam, you will practice the speaking part in pairs (or threes). An authorized Cambridge Speaking Examiner will review and provide immediate feedback.
Partly due to the small size of the group (min. 4 – max. 8), there is plenty of room for personal attention, so that participants can receive personal tips on specific points of interest.
It is going to be an intensive study day, but we strive to maintain a relaxed atmosphere, as we are used to doing as an exam center. Our characteristic canal-view office is calming and inspiring in itself, but of course, there will also be sufficient breaks and during lunchtime, you can choose to either have lunch at our office (bring your own sandwiches or provided by us) or take a short walk in the beautiful center of Zwolle.
You will receive the course materials at the start of the day.
09:00 – 17:00 hr
Course: € 220.00 (all-in)
Lunch € 12.50 (optional)
Excluding exam costs.
Terms and Conditions
You are registered once we have received your registration and the course fee.